Tod K Vogt
Tod has served as Mission Alive's Executive Director since January 2015. In his role he works with the board of directors and the Mission Alive team to form the vision and ministry strategy to help Mission Alive accomplish its mission. He works with church planters and church leaders to develop disciple-making churches. Tod specializes in leadership coaching, spiritual formation and leadership dynamics and development.
Spouse: Candace L. Vogt
Favorite Things to Do on a Saturday afternoon:
- Home renovations
- Fishing (like I ever get to do that anymore!)
- Rocking on a deck overlooking a lake
- Texas Ranger or Frisco Rough Rider baseball game
- Henri J. M. Nouwen
- Thomas Kelly
- Dallas Willard
- Richard Foster
- Eugene Peterson
- Darryl Guder
- Parker Palmer
- Max DePree
- Tom Clancy (when I just need a great story!)
Favorite Bible Verse: “There are so many that hold deep meaning for me. Among the most meaningful is Philippians 2:3-11. I love the way this ancient song challenges me to live in the context of God’s greater Mission in the world. It reminds me that my purpose is to imitate Christ both in character and conduct.”
When asked how his role with Mission Alive emanates from or fulfills his calling, Tod says, “Joining Mission Alive has brought together my passions and vision for people coming to know God, my experience in church planting, my experience starting a campus ministry and my years as an associate minister and preaching minister. It is truly a joy to get to bring all of those passions and visions together into one ministry.”
Ministry and Work Experience
- Director of Ministry Operations, Mission Alive
- Director of Equipping, Mission Alive
- Preaching Minister, Tammany Oaks Church of Christ, Mandeville, LA
- Executive Minister, Homewood Church of Christ, Birmingham, AL
- Campus Minister, Birmingham Metro Campus Ministry, Birmingham, AL
- Church-Planting Missionary, Benin, West Africa among the Fon tribe, Tahlequah Church of Christ, Tahlequah, OK
- Master of Missiology, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, TX
- M.A. in Communication, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, TX
- B. A. Speech and Drama, Northeastern State University, Tahlequah, OK
- Associate - The Spiritual Guidance Program, Shalem Institute for Spiritual Formation
- Leading From Your Strengths, Level 2 - Leadership Type Inventory, Ministry Insights, Incorporated
- Certified Coach and Coach Trainer, CoachNet Global
- Prepare/Enrich Marriage Inventory - Level 2, Life Innovations, Incorporated
- Certified CORE Coach, Creative Results Management
- Core Values Index, Taylor Protocols, Inc.
- Cerny Smith Stress Assessment, Cerny Smith Assessment and Training, Inc.
- GripBirkman Coach
- Instructor - The Christian Family, Faulkner University, Montgomery, AL, Birmingham campus
- Graduate Teaching Assistant - Freshman Speech, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, TX
- Board of Directors, Change Crowd International, Bethesda, MD
- Cub Master, Asst. Cub Master, Cub Scout, Pack 18, Plano, TX
- Vice-Moderator, Board of Directors, The Samaritan Center, Mandeville, LA
- Vice President, Board of Directors, Birmingham Metro Campus Ministry Foundation, Birmingham, AL
- President, Board of Directors, University of Alabama at Birmingham Campus Ministry Assocation, Birmingham, AL
- Board of Directors, Change Crowd International, Inc.
"Practicing Spiritual Disciplines" (book review)
Campus Crosswalk, Spring 2001
"Spiritual Growth Through Spiritual Direction"
Campus Crosswalk, Fall 2000
"Molded or Broken? When Character is Tested"
Campus Crosswalk, Spring 1999
"Jesus and the Demons in the Gospel of Mark"
Journal of Applied MIssiology, Vol. 7, No. 2, October 1996