As part of Mission Alive's renewal ministry, Mission Alive offers regular coaching to church leaders who have participated Mission Training and Huddles.
Leading a church to live missionally within its community is a difficult prospect. Established churches have established cultures which govern them. Leading a church to more fully embrace God's mission and God's call can take time and patience. Coaching with Mission Alive can help church leaders:
- Develop ministry plans that are rooted in good theology and fit well within their community
- Gain clarity about God's calling and mission for their church
- Maintain focus on what is important rather than drifting toward what is urgent
- Equip their church members for "works of ministry"
- Maintain courage to dream God-sized dreams and develop intentional efforts to embody those dreams
The needs of each church are considered when developing a coaching plan. Generally, there will be regularly scheduled phone calls to track the congregation's discernment of God's leading and the implementation of any plans developed as a result of the process of discernment and direction from Mission Training and Huddles. On-site visits can also be arranged at the request of the church leader(s).